Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Restart

All right, I'm going to try and give this a start again. I obviously haven't been posting in months and quite miss it honestly, so I need to make it like an assignment in my life to post on here. And to accumulate followers that actually check this and so on and so forth. So I'm going to do it again with a re-vamped system as follows, along with a new design when I get my lazy butt around to it.

First off I'm going to start over again from the top. I was doing it before, but I feel my reviewing style was not what I exactly wanted. I wasn't giving the albums the proper attention they deserved, regardless of their quality or genre. So from now I'm going to try and listen to them a couple of times before reviewing them, or at least twice, once all the way through and then again just skimming through what's on it to see if anything stands out. I also want to write a little better too, so I appreciate the feedback.

Secondly, I feel a grading system of sorts is in need. I don't really know what kind to go with, definitely not stars or a thumbs up/thumbs down sort of thing. I'm thinking more along the lines of points, but I don't know what yet. I like Pitchfork's reviewing system, but at the same time don't like the idea of comparing something and if it's 0.1 higher points than something else having that bother me. I don't think that would bother any readers (if there are any! Zing!), but it would bother me personally more. I might have to go with that for a while unless there are any suggestions.

Let's boot this thing again!

No comments: